Monday, July 5, 2010

The Busy Month Ahead

Sorry for the lack of updating! I've got plenty of news in my latest posting....


There have been a couple of things happening in my ballooning world lately! Let me get you up to speed on what has been the go...



The first is that I have an official website! Very exciting. I would love for you to visit, it is at http://www.arainbowofballoons.com/ and has been up for about 3 weeks now. Feels like longer! I would love for you to visit and let me know what you think!



I recently did balloons at Malak Family Day Care open day. It was actually a bit larger of an event that I had been anticipating, but all went down really well. A heart and flower wand that I recently developed appeared to be a hit for the afternoon. Really easy to make, and judging by the amount of requests, quite popular. I'm thinking of putting together a tutorial as it really is so easy and cute.



Speaking of tutorials, I have created another one for YouTube. Please check it out, and don't forget to leave a comment! It is on how to make a heart wand, however it is different to the one that I mentioned above.









One thing that I love about the month of July is that this is when the Show season happens! Soon will be Katherine Show, and then the weekend after that the one for Darwin. I have been asked if I would facilitate a balloon twisting workshop for kids at the Katherine Show, just need to get in contact with the powers that be.



Before the Katherine Show will be Katherine Tick Market and Mataranka Market which I will be attending this weekend. Please make sure you come and say hello if you are there! My talented mother will be doing facepainting also. It looks set to be a busy month of July!



PS... I am planning on making my 6th Balloon Dress as an entry into the Darwin Show. I'm looking for suggestions... should I try an anime-inspired dress, or rather something that just screams Pretty? Leave a comment with any thoughts!


Much love! xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I say something pretty. I also left you a challenge on your last months post. Hope it's not too late. I'm still on a learning curve trying to negotate blogs and forums etc. but I'm getting there. I wish you luck with your dress. Please post pics. at some stage. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyhey there! You must have read my mind... that's the path I went down! I ended up making the dress yesterday afternoon/evening. Looking at creating a post with some pictures of the finished dress.
    Thanks for taking the time to post to the blog I really appreciate it. Its pretty fun discovering all the different blogs out there and making the world a smaller place haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...